Federal Register of Legislation - Australian Government

Primary content

IMMI 12/038 Specifications as made
This instrument specifies classes of temporary visas, the holders of which will be able to access English courses.
Administered by: Education and Training
Registered 21 Jun 2012
Tabling HistoryDate
Tabled HR25-Jun-2012
Tabled Senate25-Jun-2012
Date of repeal 01 Jul 2015
Repealed by Immigration (Education) Act 1971 - Specification of English Courses for Holders of Certain Temporary Visas 2015


Commonwealth of Australia


Immigration (Education) Act 1971






I, CHRIS BOWEN, Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, acting under subparagraph 4A(a)(ii) of the Immigration (Education) Act 1971 (‘the Act’):


1.         REVOKE Instrument number IMMI 10/058, signed on 8 December 2010, specifying temporary visas for the purposes of subparagraph 4A(a)(ii) of the Act; AND


2.         SPECIFY, for the purposes of subparagraph 4A(a)(ii) of the Act, the following classes of temporary visas:


(a)                Business Skills (Provisional) (Class UR);

(b)               Business Skills (Provisional) (Class EB);

(c)                Interdependency (Provisional) (Class UG);

(d)               Partner (Provisional) (Class UF);

(e)                Partner (Temporary) (Class UK);

(f)                Resolution of Status (Temporary) (Class UH);

(g)               Skilled Designated Area-sponsored (Provisional) (Class UZ);

(h)               Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) (Class UX);

(i)                 Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Subclass 475); and

(j)                 Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Subclass 487); and

(k)               Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Subclass 489).


This Instrument, IMMI 12/038, commences on 1 July 2012, immediately after the commencement of Migration Amendment Regulation (No. 2) 2012.



Dated                  12 June               2012




Chris Bowen

Minister for Immigration and Citizenship




[NOTE:    Subparagraph 4A(a)(ii) of the Act provides that a person is eligible for English courses if he or she is in Australia and holds a temporary visa of a class specified in a legislative instrument made by the Minister.]